DO YOU NEED HELP WITH MAINTAINING COMPLIANCE WITH GDPR?
On the 25th of May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was applied in law, and all organizations that process personal data of EU/EEA citizens have to fulfil the requirements of the regulation. GDPR compliance calls for legal, organizational and technical knowhow, as the regulation encompasses these aspects.
Complior has experience in providing companies with knowledge and solutions to comply with GDPR. We can offer GDPR compliance solutions that help you every step of the way.
NOVELTIES IN THE GDPR
The regulation tightens the rules regarding how organizations operating in the EU may collect, access, store and manage personal data.
- Stronger requirements when affected persons require access to their own personal data
- Tighter requirements for how personal data is collected and what is considered consent
- Interested persons can have their data transferred from one organization to another
- Interested persons may have their data removed under certain circumstances
- Organizations affected by an incident must report this within 72 hours of the data breach being detected
Previously, the consequences of breaking the rules were not a big issue for many organizations, however, failure to comply with GDPR can result in fines of up to €20 million, or 4% of global turnover.