Complior offers DPO as a Service, which means that a qualified person from our team acts as a data protection officer or data protection officer (DPO) for your company. A practical solution for those who do not have the resources internally or who simply want to outsource the function to facilitate their work. This gives you a person who not only monitors and acts as contact person for the supervisory authority, but also becomes an ongoing adviser within the organization in all matters relating to the processing of personal data.
COMPLIORS DPO AS A SERVICE
- A knowledgeable resource that acts as a contact person for supervisory authorities and data subjects
- Will act as an adviser and provide support to the organization regarding data protection and privacy issues
- Ongoing reviews the organization’s compliance with GDPR and reports to management
- Continuously trains staff
- Obtain relevant legal expertise if needed
WHAT DOES THE LAW SAY?
Some organizations must employ a data protection representative to comply with the Data Protection Regulation. The Data Protection Ombudsman can either be hired externally or be someone within the organization. If the Data Protection Ombudsman is hired internally, it is important that there is no conflict of interest, i.e. the data protection representative may not be, for example, CEO, CTO, CIO. The regulation also requires that the Data Protection Ombudsman has professional qualifications and expertise in data protection legislation and practice.
A Data Protection Officer shall have the following obligations under the Regulation:
- Guide and train the organization regarding the data protection regulation.
- Regularly check compliance with the regulation and other data protection regulations.
- Act as the primary contact person against the data inspection and registered.
- Must be consulted / involved during impact assessments.
- This is not a formal requirement, but the Data Protection Officer should be the one who establishes and manages the register of treatment.
DO YOU HAVE NO REQUIREMENT TO HAVE A DPO?
Even if you do not have a formal requirement to have a DPO, it is still a good idea to have an external person who helps with GDPR compliance.
Our DPO service gives you specialist assistance without major investments in either time or staff.